What is web design?
People have long been taking websites as an analogy to man made houses. We buy a plot, set a foundation and start building on it to make a safe place to live and interact with others. Similarly, we buy web hosting, build websites and develop it to make it a presentable and useful platform on which to interact with others.
Just like in the case of a house, the design and decoration remain an important part of web development. More commonly known as a web design, it includes everything from the font size of the background color, from the display of the website to the layout it adopts. Despite, having a decent and professional look* is advantage enough, one can actually improve their business by getting to know about responsive web designs.
What is a responsive website?
A responsive web design, in layman language is a website design that changes itself to become compatible with the view of your device. In other words the website is designed in such a way that it perceives the device, it is being opened with (Monitors, tablets or phones) and shrinks, adjusts and synchronizes accordingly.
Consisting of three major parts, responsive web design is a constituent of flexible media relating not to the text, but the adjustability of the images and videos displayed on the web page, flexible layout which by the aid of flexible grid (the platform on which it is made) decides what the breadth and width to adapt to the device the web page is opened on and media queries which help increase the amiability between the web page and different styles and encryption of various browsers.
Flexible media: Helps adjust images and videos etc.
Flexible layout: Assist in the change of layout and text.
Media queries: Supports the compatibility of the web page with that of the browser in use.
The emphasis here lies not on the convenience of the users only, but responsive websites have been seen as a positive contributor towards the success of not only your website but also your business in turn.
Here are a few examples of responsive web designs: Responsive web designs.
What are the advantages of having a responsive web design?
A responsive web design is a responsible web design. Let’s have a look at the ways in which responsive web designs prove themselves useful and beneficial in the course of improving a business.
- It makes you famous: Google SEO sees your website having a responsive web design with more than just a positive glance. A responsive web design is bound to get you not only noticed, but ranked higher with search engine optimization.
- It saves your time: Having one single version of anything is always better than many. Imagine of a website that has been separately designed to suit mobiles, tablet and PCs individually, and then think of a single website layout that changes it to suit the device? Responsive website design helps you as well as google by giving it one site to track not five.
- It boosts your sales: The better your presentation would be the more the traffic and consequently it will lead to more sales.
- It satisfies your customer: Needless to say the viewer is saved from much frustration when the devices they are holding turn and twist, according to their wishes and ease.
- It is a necessity of competition: More of a necessity than a benefit with increased competition customers is spoiled with the luxuries that other websites offer them, so why not you?
- It enables offline flexibility: The site will remain flexible and compatible with your device even when there is no internet connection.